Goals of the CSL Program:
- Serve students whose primary language is not Chinese
- Kindle and Foster interest in learning Chinese and Culture through fun and interactive activities
- Develop students language ability for daily life applications
- Encourage students to achieve proficiency levels in speaking, listening, reading and writing based on program levels.
- Students completing our CSL program shall be able to place into High School Chinese Level 2 .
There are 9 levels of CSL classes. Materials used are as follows.
* Students will purchase the textbooks and workbooks online.
Intro and Foundation levels will focus heavily on speaking and listening skills, with an introduction to character recognition and reading. Basic strokes of Chinese characters will be introduced.
Intermediate levels will focus more on reading while continuing on speaking and listening skills, with an introduction to composition writing. Students also start to learn typing Chinese characters using PinYin.
Advanced levels will focus more on writing while continuing on reading, speaking and listening skills.
Cultural aspects are introduced and integrated throughout the curriculum.
Copyright © 2024 Palo Alto Chinese School